Psalm 23 Workshop
To create a collaged book of Psalm 23, begin by learning all you can about Psalm 23 through books, sermons, teachings, etc. It is also beneficial to learn what makes a good or bad shepherd, what do sheep need, or where are sheep safe or in danger. Then collage each page to represent each verse making six pages. You may choose to create a book which communicates the literal verses or apply Psalm 23 to their own story.
- When have I been led to green pastures providing me nourishment and rest for my soul?
- When have I been safely provided refreshment?
- When have I walked on a path for His name sake and glory?
- What valleys have I walk through and was comforted by His presence, protection, and discipline?
- When have I been provided a feast while my enemies lurked around me?
- Where have I seen His goodness and mercy in my life?
The medium of collage may help you communicate stories in which there have been no words for. You may choose to use pictures, phrases, or words cut out from magazines, colored papers, or fabric.
After creating the book, take time to share with a safe person or group. “Making art often helps us reach straight to our souls and things long hidden may surface and be brought to the light,” Marcia Gladwish. It is usually very healing to be heard and seen by others who show compassion, empathy, and grace. At this point in the workshop, you may want to pray for one another, offer compassion for the hard parts of your story, and thank the Lord for the graces you may not have seen before.
You are encouraged to date your project and journal about the process of creating this project and what they discovered.